Classes & Information
PopShop Fall 2015 - Session Two registration is now open! Classes begin the week of Monday, November 2nd and consist of 6 weekly, 90 minute lessons. Session Two concludes with a concert on the legendary 123 Pleasant Street stage in Morgantown, WV on Sunday, December 20th, 2015.
*The PopShop Has Moved!*
Visit us at our new location on the top floor of the former Woodburn Elementary School, located at 918 Fortney Street Morgantown, WV 26505.
Classes offered Fall 2015 - Session Two:
This class is geared toward players with a rudimentary knowledge of their instrument (less than a year of experience and knowledge of note names on instrument). Minimum of 4 players needed to form class. Instruments needed: Guitar(s), Bass Guitar, Keyboard, Drums, Vocalist(s).
This class is geared toward players with intermediate (more than one year experience, some chord or note reading ability, and some ability to improvise) knowledge of their instrument. Minimum of 4 players needed to form class.
This class is geared toward players with advanced knowledge of their instrument (several years of experience and the ability to improvise) . Minimum of 4 players needed to form class. Instruments needed: Guitar(s), Bass Guitar, Keyboard(s), Drums, Vocalist(s).
The PopTech program consists of a series of music technology and practical musical application courses designed to expand your existing knowledge and help to get you "road ready". Classes are designed and taught by professionals that not only work in the specific field but possess the ability to teach others their craft. Classes include live sound engineering, effect pedal basics (build your own pedal), audio mixing basics, studio recording, as well as guitar and bass repair/maintenance classes!
- Other instruments can be incorporated. Please inquire about yours!
- Students rehearse on stage with full PA and lighting system! This allows the students the opportunity to experience the feeling of performance from day one of the session!
- All "backlined instruments" (drums, keyboards, amplifiers, PA system, microphones) are provided for students.
- Classes are held at "The PopShop" located at 918 Fortney St, Morgantown, WV.
- The PopShop class schedule DOES NOT follow the public or private school calendars.