Classes & Information
Registration for PopShopWV 2018 Summer Camps - is NOW OPEN!
This School Rocks!
Classes Offered Summer 2018 :
PopShop Drum Camp
June 18th - June 22nd -
Students will meet M-F for five 90 minute lessons covering various drum styles, basic drum notation, drum set tuning/maintenance, playing with a metronome/click track, taking control of the band, hand drums techniques, and more.
PopShop Guitar/Bass Guitar Camp
June 18th - June 22nd
Groups will meet M-F for five, 90 minute lessons, learning basic routine maintenance, understanding amps, using pedals, utilizing accessories, preparing for live performances, and a special day of riffs, tips and tricks!
PopShop Summer Performance Camp 1
July 9th-13th - Groups will meet M-F during this week for two hour rehearsals (10 hours total instruction). Final performance will take place Sunday, July 15th (Venue TBA).
• This program is geared toward players of all ages (8-adult) and musical abilities! Students meet for group lessons to create a set of music to be performed at a public concert at the end of the week. PopShop staff members carefully create groups based on age, ability and musical interests. Instructors provide musical instruction and impart the importance of teamwork, creative expression, and self confidence.
GIRLS ROCK! CAMP
July 16th - 20th (10am-4pm) - This camp is crafted for female musicians age 8 - 18! In one week campers will form bands, write an original song and perform at a local music venue. Campers will work with PopShop's all female staff to explore the fun and challenges of making music with others. Each day will begin with movement exercises (yoga/dance) as well as hands-on demonstrations of all of the instruments utilized in PopShop. Campers will learn to play/sing the Girls Rock Camp Theme Song on (and put their stamp on it). There will be daily Skype sessions with female artists and music industry professionals. Each afternoon, campers (in small groups) will collaborate with the staff members and professional songwriters to craft their original songs. Any self-identified girl is encouraged to apply, prior music experience isn’t required and all musical instruments will be provided.
Guitar/Bass Effects Pedal Class (Beginner)
Groups will meet for four 90 minute classes to learn about how most analog pedals work. Students will then build their own pedal to take home at the end of the class! (Choice of six different pedal options: Guitar Distortion, Guitar Fuzz, Boost, Treble Boost, Bass Overdrive, and Bass Fuzz)
Guitar/Bass Effects Pedal Class (Advanced)
Groups will meet for four 90 minute classes to learn about some more advanced circuits, and then build their own pedal to take home at the end of the class! (Choice of four: Atticus Finch Overdrive, Pancake Trilobite 2xFuzz, BigWig Bass Driver, Malta Kano Distorted Reverb)
Guitar and Bass Tech Class
Students will meet for four 90 minute hands-on classes of complete electric guitar and bass maintenance and basic common repairs. Learn to keep your instrument in top performance shape and save money on setups and repairs.
Audio Mixing Basics Class
Students will meet for four 90 minute classes providing an introduction to mixing sound for students at the beginner and novice levels. Learn the concepts of mixing live audio for bands, theater and speaking events, and also recorded music for albums, podcasts and film/video.
- A minimum of 4 players needed to form performance class.
- Students rehearse on stage with full PA allowing students the opportunity to experience the feeling of performance from day one of the session!
- All "backlined instruments" (drums, keyboards, amplifiers, PA system, microphones) are provided for students.
- Classes are held at "The PopShop" located at 918 Fortney St, Morgantown, WV.
- Instruments that we need: Guitar(s), Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Drums, Vocalist(s), Wind Instruments. Other instruments can be incorporated. Please inquire about yours!